Saturday, March 20, 2010

Going to give this a try

Well, February 28, 2010 was a day that I will never forget in my life. It is the day that my oldest son crossed over from Cub Scouts to Boy Scouts. My wife gets all of the kudos for what she did with her 5 Weblos.

But what also occurred that day, was a renewing spirit inside me. My father, who is still heavily involved in Scouting flew half way across the country for the crossover ceremony. He has it. I now have it. What is it? SCOUT SPIRIT!!

I have dusted off the uniforms, books, patches, pants, hats....you get the point. I have told our Scoutmaster that I want to be involved in the Troop.

So, what I've decided is to start a blog about not only my journey back into Scouting, but about both of my son's journey on their way to being 3rd generation Eagle Scouts. I have no idea if anyone will be interested, but I'll share it anyway. Even if I find 1 person who says, "yeah, I loved when I was in Scouts", and decides to donate to Scouting. And donating doesn't always mean money. You can donate time too! That is probably a more valuable resource to Scouting than money.

Thank you to everyone who reads this. I'll try not to be boring, and I'll try to update at least once a week.

Eagle Scout Doug

No comments:

Post a Comment