Sunday, June 13, 2010

1st Eagle Project to help out with

I know it's been a while since I've written, but a lot has been going on in my world.

We have 3 Life Scouts in our Troop and they are all working on their projects. About a month ago the first one started, we went over to the boy's house and help paint a bunch of bat boxes. This young man has researched and decided that he wanted to build and place bat boxes. He has done a fantastic job contacting DNR and State Park Rangers, as well as the research he did on what bats live here in MD and which ones are endangered. A couple weeks after the painting, we spent a day over at his house again getting the poles and boxes put together. Then this past week, we've spent 3 nights out running around from State Park to State Park digging holes 30" deep and planting the 15' telephone poles. Today we went to another State Park and planted one pole and put another box on a tree. It has been incredible to watch this young man as he leads the boys through his project.

As I watched and helped them today, I envisioned a few years down the road when my son is ready to do his Eagle project. And then I had a moment where I saw my youngest son working on his Eagle project.

Yours in Scouting

Eagle Scout Doug

No comments:

Post a Comment